free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

welcome...

So, today is my first day of blogging. Welcome to the rambles of a random Christian woman from good ole' Tennessee. I blogged some in college and enjoyed it, so I thought why not give it another shot. Some posts will be funny...some will be sad. Most will be random:) There is a lot going on in my life these days. My church is about to move to it's new campus and I cannot wait!! It's taken a lot of prayer, tears, sweat, and time for us to be where we are. And God has graciously opened the door for us to be a beacon on a hill. God blesses obedience! I have grown a lot since first attending The Gathering. My relationship with God has grown. I begin each day in His presence. He's taught me so much about forgiveness, grace, love, and the power of prayer! He's currently teaching me about fasting. What a MIGHTY GOD I serve! Recently, I have fallen in love with a song by Matthew West entitled "The Motions." Here are the lyrics... "This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break, At least I'll be feeling something' / Cause just okay is not enough /Help me fight through the nothingness of life /I don't wanna go through the motions / I don't wanna go one more day / without Your all consuming passion inside of me / I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,"What if I had given everything, / instead of going through the motions?"No regrets, not this time / I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind / Let Your love make me whole / I think I'm finally feeling something / 'Cause just okay is not enough / Help me fight through the nothingness of this life / 'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions / I don't wanna go one more day / without Your all consuming passion inside of me / I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,"What if I had given everything, / instead of going through the motions?" ... I DO NOT want to just go through the motions of life. I want to positively impact the lives of the people around me. I want to get to the end of my life and know that I gave all I could! As I sit here and write this blog, so much emotion overcomes me as I think about the opportunities God gives me each and every day to exemplify Him; a simple hello, a door held open, a comforting hug, a gently smile... at the very simplest. This life has so much to offer, if I just listen to the Lord and follow His lead..... Through Him - BG

No comments:

Post a Comment