free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

I read a book recently that I want to share with you!

Perspective: the faculty of seeing all the relevant data in a meaningful relationship. How often do we, as human beings, look at a situation and only see the surface? When storms brew and wind begins to blow, we have a tendency to seek shelter and hide. We tend to the see stress, negativity, and nothing more. Yet, with a bit of perspective, we would have the ability to weather the storms and come out the other side much better off. In his book, The Noticer, Andy Andrews walks us through the life of several people who are facing major tests and trials within their lives; whether personal or professional. Andrews uses a man named Jones, the central character, to bring about change within these people to literally save their lives. This book gripped me with the first chapter and I could not put it down. I recommend it to EVERYONE; because, whether we are willing to admit it or not, we could all use a bit of perspective. When those trials begin to wear us down, we’ve got to remember to take a deep breath, step back, and reevaluate. I hope this book makes a difference in your thought process.

1 comment:

  1. http://blog.hafchurch.org/peter/index.php/2009/04/the-noticer-project-the-five-people-who-have-had-the-greatest-influence-on-me/

    Here is an interesting blog in connection with this book (I found it while looking for the book). Thought I'd share...

    ReplyDelete