free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Morning Mind Dump

After an incredible weekend, today I am back to work BUT with so much on my mind! Let's see if I can get it all out in a comprehensible fashion:)
~girls night with Alicia was way past due.
~I notice as I get older that time with my friends and family gets more and more precious.
~Mason Wayne Akers might just be the cutest baby boy ever! (he doesn't cry when I hold him)
~Its fun to be at a birthday party for a 1 yr old and have the cops called. (only at the VanHook house)
~I am a member of one of the fastest growing churches in TN!
~My pastor is anointed by God!
~God created women for more than just washing dishes (Thanks for making that statement out loud this weekend Pastor Gene!)
~I was created to worship!!! Its taken me a long time to find peace in this calling. There is nothing like ushering in the presence of God to a place where the broken are restored, the sick are healed, the lost are found, the prideful are humbled, and the willing are used!
~I am a witness to the power of prayer! May I always remember to hit my knees and bow my head!
~I have the world's greatest mother!! Thank you for always supporting me and taking care of me AND for letting me take care of you sometimes!
~Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....There's just something about that name!
~Sometimes I forget to stop and thank God for all I am blessed with.
~When I pray for others, God works miracles in my own life.
~I am privileged to walk with Ashley Wiley! She is a true inspiration to me!

I love how God places the people I need in my life instead of the people I want. He knows what is best for me, I do not. I let my emotions guide me sometimes instead of discerning what the Spirit tells me to do. I still have so much to learn!

Humbly His! BG

1 comment:

  1. I have always believed that women were made for more than just washing dishes. The laundry needs done, bathroom needs cleaned, and floors need swept. Just kidding. Women are an important part of what makes this world a wonderful place.

    As for praying for others giving you a blessing, I think I need so much prayer that you should be blessed for life.

    Thank you for this blog. You are great.

    ReplyDelete