free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Monday, May 18, 2009

What a weekend!

This weekend wore me out! Worked some baseball Friday night, sold concert tickets Sat morning, went to Bloomin' Bluegrass & Barbecue Sat afternoon, Dedication service at church on Sat night, church Sunday morning, and small group Sunday afternoon. This chick is TIRED! But I learned a lot this weekend as well.
Lessons:
1. Friends are important! If not for my friends, I would be a miserable person.
2. Caring for people who don't care for you is part of life. We all go through it. How we deal with it can make or break us.
3. People who spend $500 on concert tickets are CRAZY!
4. God is using our church to reach the lost, ain't that what its all about?!?
5. I do not give God enough credit for his grace and mercy!
6. A kind word from someone can turn your world right-side up.

Here's a brief synopsis of how God humbled me this weekend.
He's been teaching me a lot about the need for me to realize that this world is not about me. I must decrease and He must increase. There is a lot to be said about allowing your wants and desires fade to the background in order to help others. I had offered to help serve at the Dedication Dinner Pastor Gene was hosting for his Spiritual Fathers, friends, and family. I have never served in a catering setting before and was really not wanting to go. I had worked all morning and was just tired. So I thought about calling and canceling. But I got ready and went on anyway. During the dedication service I just had a sense of peace that I was exactly where I was suppose to be at that given time. A man pulled me and Crystal aside and thanked us for our worship. He said that we blessed his heart. This man doesn't even attend church, was just there with some family of his. That is an incredible blessing to me. So we all headed downstairs to begin serving, which I thought I would be HORRIBLE at. Not so. I only dropped on thing in some one's lap and it was a butter knife. When it was all said and done, they had taken up a "tip" for all of us serving. Each of us got $77!!!! This may not seem huge to you, but this was a God moment for me. I had walked into this time of servanthood with a horrible attitude and mentality, I walked out humbled and blessed. The money meant nothing to me, but the lesson of humility means EVERYTHING! I am learning that if I will have an open mind and an open heart, He will use me. I am not going to expand into Sunday, because it was truly a Brandi/God moment, but I will tell you that Dr Tim Lee is an incredible speaker. He has a powerful testimony about how he ran from God for 20 years until God had to take his legs to bring him back to the will of God. If you get a chance to hear this man, DO IT! It will change your thoughts and will touch your heart, regardless of where you stand in your relationship with Christ. Be blessed this week... Humbled! ~BG~

No comments:

Post a Comment