free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bring it on 2010!

As this new year begins, I am full of new dreams and the possibility of new opportunities. 2009 is gone, along with all its heartaches and all its trials. I spent New Year's Eve/ Day with some fantastic friends. We rang in the new year standing in the Shelton living room with some sparkling cider after having a night FULL of laughter, dance dance revolution, some horrible UT football, and a runaway camera. I wouldn't trade that night, EVER. Thank you Tassie, Jesse, Crystal, Jared, Alicia, Brent, and Adam for making the 2009 B's birthday/NYE Bash such a fun time. What would I do without you all? Jan 1 found Crystal, Jesse, Tassie and I huddled in the living room once more, watching the entire 1st season of GLEE on DVD! Wahoo. I can't help but think how incredibly blessed I am. If 2010 turns out anything like the 1st weekend did, this might be the best year of my life.

2009 was, no doubt, a hard year for me. With the loss of 3 family members, I experienced more heartache in 1 year than the previous 25 years combined, not to mention my brother being deployed to Iraq. But 2009 also brought new friends (some of which I'm not sure how I ever survived without) and restored friendships with old ones. I am excited to see what the new year brings, but I am also reminded that God's mercies are new each morning and that each day brings about newness of life. What are your most memorable moments in 2009? What are you most looking forward to in 2010?

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time. Definately a fun weekend. Looking forward to 2010!

    ReplyDelete