free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fasting?

This morning, while reading my Bible and listening to some intense worship music, I found myself hearing the words “I’m faithful!” It was so clear that I had to look around the room to ensure I was alone, not that I’m sure it was even audible. Right after that, the song “Freedom Reigns” came on my phone.  Holy cow did I almost jump out of my chair. I don’t listen to Pandora much anymore since I discovered Spotify, but this morning just felt the desire for a change. God did not disappoint. Over the next 30 minutes, these songs began to play – How He Loves, Always, Shout Unto God, Hosanna & Perfect Love. I don’t know where you are in your walk with Christ or how He speaks to you – but for me, I couldn’t quite control my emotions after these songs played back to back. To me, He is truth, freedom, love, perfection, in control, jealous for my affection, always faithful. He always delivers! I encourage you to sit still for a minute today and let Him wash over you with a reminder of who He is in your life.
I felt God prompting me this morning to encourage all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who are fasting. He is faithful, friends. Everything you are praying for already has an answer. Stay focused and allow Him to reveal His truth and purpose to you in His timing. Don’t fret is you falter. Pick yourself up and try again tomorrow. His grace is more than sufficient to cover all of your mistakes. Remember to give Him praise each day. Build Him an altar in your heart and He’ll send the Holy fire to consume you. He wants you to know that you have the right to claim victory in His name! Focus on Him today and let the world fall away.


I love you friends and am praying for you. It amuses me that one of the answers to my fasting prayers is the opportunity to minister to you. Be blessed in Christ today!


“the enemy has been defeated. Death couldn’t hold You down. We’re gonna lift our voice in victory, we’re gonna make Your praises loud!”

In Christ,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment