free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Word of Promise New Testament

It has been quite a while since I have critiqued a book for BookSneeze, so I thought it was time to do so again. I actually have been listening to this most recent book on audio cd.  It's called The Word of Promise New Testament. I have never been a fan of audio books, but this audio version of the Bible is one of my favorites. Whether on a long drive or just in the car for a few minutes, it’s nice to hear Scripture that will encourage your day. Being that the New Testament is where I spend a lot of my devotion time, I thoroughly enjoy hearing the Word vocally interpreted. The dramatization by well recognized voices aids in the understanding of the Scripture and makes the Word come alive. I will say that some of the background music and noises can be distracting. This particular version is read from the NKJV. I would like to hear it in the Message or New Living Translation.  

This cd set would make a great gift for those who are on the go on a regular basis. I would not recommend these audio cds to replace your copy of the actual written Word, but they do provide a new perspective that would be useful as an additional resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment