free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All praise unto the Lamb!


One thing I know for sure is that God is on the throne today! It has been a tough couple of weeks. Friday, (4/10/09) I crossed a line I promised myself I wouldn't cross. I have such high standards for myself and I fell short. I had been on a 21 fast while I prayed over some specific things going on. God had been teaching me so much through this journey and I allowed one slip up to ruin the world around me. The next day, my grandfather was killed in an automobile accident. Satan began to whisper lies that it was my fault, that God was punishing me for my mistakes. For some reason, I took hold of that lie and began to fall into a depressed state. For those of you who know me, you know how rare it is for me to not smile. But for a week, I didn't. Upon returning to work, some changes were made that caused me to feel punished, yet again. I felt as though my prayers were bouncing off the ceiling, that I was forgotten and insignificant. I quickly mass emailed prayer warriors that I know and begged them to pray for me. How powerful!! Friends quickly began to email, text, and call me with encouraging words and thoughts. It was nice to be reminded that I have been called and chosen. God has great plans for me. I am worthy! I was reminded to sit at his feet; to allow Him to love me like no one else ever will. Someone else reminded me that there are legions of angels surrounding me and protecting me and that Satan has NO power over me. Not only has God taught me to lean on Him and seek His face, he has blessed me with a family of believers who are not afraid to go to war for me, who will lift my name high to our Father and beg for mercy.

I say all this to give you hope. Regardless of where you are walking, God will meet you there. He met me at the alter of his church Sunday morning, He met me at my desk Monday morning, He met me in a friend's car Monday evening. Only when I finally handed it all over and spoke it into His hands, did I find comfort and peace. I am nowhere near perfect. God is not done molding me. I have not had my last spiritual spanking. But I do know that I am a beloved child of an ALMIGHTY GOD, that Jesus gave all He had so that I might find redemption, and when I lay my fears at His feet, I will be delivered. I pray you find peace and comfort today. Read the lyrics to the song below. Allow the words to sink into your heart. Meet Him right where you are!! ~By His Grace BG


"I Stand Amazed"

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus:
How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous! How wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
And made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment