free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Monday, April 6, 2009

end of an era

Last night was the end of an era in the life of The Gathering. I was blessed to sit in that old gym and remember all I've learned. It was a gift from God that had me sobbing fairly quickly. Those of you who know me, know that I cry at the drop of a hat anyway. The emotion that came over me as I thanked my gracious God for the lessons He taught me in that building were overwhelming. Let me tell you what I've learned.... I've learned that prayer is desired by God! He wants to talk to his children and He wants to hear them express their needs and desires. He is a know all God, but how he loves to hear praises flow from our lips. I have learned that I am a worshipper!! God has called me to sit at his feet, to lift up His name in praise, to lead others into His presence. I don't deserve this calling and I am still learning to walk in it. I know now, more than ever, that I am exactly where God wants me and He has placed me here for such a time as this. The principal of tithing has rocked my world. Thank God that I sit under a Pastor who is willing to teach the hard subjects! I have been more blessed than I could have ever thought! I now know how to serve! I serve a God who calls me to take care of the people around me. I can give a cup of water in His name to anyone! Whether I am hosting guests at a Lord's Child event, shaking the hand of a first time guest to our church, or helping someone without them knowing it was me... I know that God is given all the glory and honor!
I say all this to give you some insight as to how much I've grown over the last 2 years in that church! I stand in awe today of all the things God will teach me in the new building. I am willing to learn, so I KNOW He's still willing to teach me. I know so little about a Big God! I am thankful and humbled each and everyday that He allows me to enter into His presence, sit at his feet, praise Him, read His word, pray....then walk out into this dim world a little brighter than the day before. I don't have to follow Him, I get to follow Him. He doesn't have to love me, but He chooses to! Through Him ~BG

No comments:

Post a Comment