free blog space+a desire to share my heart=why you are here :)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Very Difficult Day

Yesterday may have been one of the hardest days of my life. We placed my 23 year old brother on a bus that will eventually take him to war. I thought I had mentally and emotionally prepared myself for this day...ehhh WRONG! For 25 years, I have been a military minded individual because I've known so many people who serve. BUT nothing can prepare you to send a loved one off to a foreign land to fight. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, guess not. "They" say it gets easier with each deployment. I don't know who "they" are, but I do know"They" might be crazy! I'm pretty sure my family proved it yesterday. I remember just standing on the flight line yesterday continually praying "I can do all things through You, I can do all things through You." I stood in the bathroom for a few minutes to get control of myself and just committed my little brother into the hands of my Loving Heavenly Father, because I know He loves those who love Him. My family is taking everything in stride. My dad made a comment yesterday that broke my heart. He said, "I wish it were me and not him." What a statement!

I will always support our military members both here and there AND I will always encourage and lift up their families. They offer up a sacrifice of life, limb,a nd loved ones. Please pray for our service men and women. My family and I appreciate all the prayers and encouragement. We know now, more than ever, the friends and support we have around us. Thank you for everything! We love you all. ~With His Help~BG

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you and your family. I look at the pictures on Facebook and my heart just swells up. I cannot imagine what you guys are feeling. Love ya...

    ReplyDelete